The Historic Murray Canal District (HMCD) is a non-profit group focused on improving quality of life in the area of the Murray Canal and thereby in the three municipalities that intersect in the Murray Canal District. Our key initiatives:
- Progress! Telemedicine for Coastal Engineering, possibly.
- We’re advocating now for Expedited Emergency Shoreline Protection measures. Please see our most recent Mar. 15th meeting notes here.
- Join our Pilot Project to expedite Conservation Authority permitting via participation in our Flood Mitigation Expert/Team-supported concurrent application process. Click here or on the Website menu above to submit your application.
- Sign our “Remove red-tape barriers to protecting shoreline property from Lake Ontario spring floods” petition: Here it is: Change.org
- DONE: Our heritage celebration marked the 125th Anniversary of the Canal’s opening.
- DONE! Advocating for a 2 Lane Replacement Brighton Swing Bridge.
- A trusted partner of Parks Canada, Federal, Provincial, County & 3 Municipal Governments.